2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
3 cups cold, cooked white rice
4 cups shredded coleslaw
- In a small bowl, whisk together seasoning, soy sauce, water, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In Wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken to wok; stir-fry until cooked through, about 5 min.
- Increase heat to high; add rice. Stir often to break up clumps and heat through, about 5 min.
- Gradually add coleslaw (wok will be full). Add reserved seasoning mixture; stir-fry 3 min or until coleslaw is tender-crisp.
Day old, cold rice works best in this recipe. It helps keep the rice grains crisp. Freshly cooked rice is more likely to be too soft and stick to the wok.
Don’t have day old rice? Make Steamer Rice—1 cup uncooked white rice makes about 3 cups, just what you need for this recipe. Don’t forget to cool it down in the fridge first!