Be “a-maized” by how easy this recipe is to make! Look for stone-ground cornmeal for the most nutrition.
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup melted butter
2 cups milk
1 tsp Louisiana Hot & Spicy Dip Mix
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 cups grated low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Place a lightly oiled Perfect Portion Muffin Pan on a Sheet Pan.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients together in mixing bowl. Stir in cornmeal.
- In separate bowl, whisk together salt, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Stir in grated cheese.
- Add wet mixture into dry ingredients, combining in swift strokes. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve hot.